Designed with features and technologies that are typically reserved for premium race wheels, Aksium delivers quality performance for everyday road riding.
Features include straight-pull spokes for added strength and stiffness, and lightweight rims for a lively ride quality. The rims are now wider, which allows for increased air volume and a better fit for larger diameter tires (up to 32mm).
The hubs are incredibly tough, delivering high mileage and long-lasting dependability. And the QRM bearings are the smoothest in the category. It all adds up to a wheelset that delivers the high-quality ride that Mavic is known for.
- Smooth, efficient ride quality for everyday road riding.
- 17mm rim accommodates larger tire section for improved comfort.
- Straight-pull spokes are stronger than J-bend options.
- Engineered durability so you can ride more miles without service.
- High quality cartridge bearings.
- Pinned joint and reinforced drilling rim design.
- Consistent and stable spoke lacing.
Rear axle: Quick Release only
Front axle: Quick Release only
Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
Front and rear bodies: aluminum
Axle material: steel
Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
Freewheel: FTS-L steel
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (L30871200)
FTS-L Shimano / Sram freewheel body (L30871100 – Delivered on the wheel)
Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don’t exceed 120kg, bike included
ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.