The Wolf Tooth Elliptical Direct Mount Chainring for Race Face Cinch is not only beautifully machined and lightweight but utilises a patented wide-narrow design that is perfectly suited to 1x setups – dropped chains are a thing of the past. Unlock your dream drivetrain configuration and satisfy your inner tweaker.
Bred from ice-cold Minneapolis winters and explicitly designed to work perfectly with Race Face Cinch cranks, this direct mount chainring means more time riding and less time fumbling with dropped chains.
In line with Wolf Tooth’s guiding ethos of providing unrivalled design innovation, reliability and durability, this chainring employs a patented Drop-Stop® wide-narrow tooth profile which not only keeps the chain securely in place on single chainring setups but dislodges mud, dirt and excess precipitation more efficiently. For additional security in extreme conditions, this chainring is best used with a clutch-type rear derailleur.
Synonymous with ultra-high-end custom builds and stalwart steeds alike, Wolf Tooth chainrings are machined entirely in-house at Wolf Tooth’s HQ in Minnesota, USA. The anodised finish and machined lettering that adorn every chainring bear the hallmark of master craftsmanship.
Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical (PTE) design, as the name indicates, is driven by a concern for power and traction – and crucially for you, premised on a wealth of knowledge from precision engineers who also love to ride bikes.
A growing number of riders are converting to elliptical chainrings on 1x setups for the simple reason that they have been demonstrated to improve ride quality.
The idea behind elliptical chainrings can be summarised as follows: biomechanical power output varies throughout a pedal stroke, at positions where power is higher, having a larger diameter section of chainring, and thus greater engagement area, translates into greater forward propulsion. At positions where biomechanical power is lower, a smaller chainring diameter means greater efficiency in rotation. Overall what this means for you is maximised power output throughout each pedal stroke.
Wolf Tooth note that elliptical rings also mean steadier torque on the rear wheel as there is less spinning on the downstroke and easier rotation in between these. Steadier torque on the rear wheel gives better traction and sustained momentum – great on tough climbs and through headwinds.
If you’re a discerning cyclist looking to invest in a premium-grade chainring that’ll outlast its competitors and function perfectly on a 1x set up, this is the only way to go.
- Any Race Face Cinch(TM) system crankset (including Next SL, Sixc, Turbine, Aeffect)
- Both standard (142mm rear hub spacing) and Boost (148mm hub spacing) offsets available.
- Wolf Tooth’s patented Drop-Stop® wide/narrow tooth profile for the ultimate chain retention and mud shedding ability.
- For 1×9, 1×10, 1×11 and 1×12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12-speed chains except Shimano 12-speed chains.
- If using a 9-speed drivetrain use a 10-speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9-speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Maximum diameter is that of a chainring 2t bigger than the size you order (so be sure there is adequate chainstay clearance!)
- Chainline 49mm (standard), 52mm (Boost)
Occasionally, without notice, manufacturers change product design and/or specifications.